Dental Implant Benefits – Park Cities | Dallas, TX
Dental Implants – A Wealth of Advantages for You
When you have dental implants placed, you’ll get more than just a new set of teeth. You can look forward to regaining the life you once had, but you stand to acquire even more. Here are some of the specific advantages that separate dental implant insertion from any other form of tooth replacement:
- Closely mimics the function of your natural tooth – One of the most unique attributes of a dental implant is how closely it resembles a natural tooth root in stability and functionality. In addition to securely anchoring a prosthetic in place, it helps to fortify your jawbone health.
- The most longevity of any form of tooth replacement – When you commit to having a dental implant placed, you can expect long-term benefits. Properly cared for, the fixture can last from 30 years to a lifetime.
- Maintenance of your natural facial structure and shape – A dental implant helps to recreate the natural pressure that a tooth root provides. In doing so, it aids in the production of new bone cells that help to fortify the jawbone. As a result, you’ll be able to maintain your facial structure and prevent any premature wrinkles.
- No worries of slipping or gum irritation – With a fixed bridge or set of dentures, there is always the chance of slippage or gum irritation. You don’t have to worry about these challenges with dental implants, as they are locked in place.
- Fortification of your remaining teeth – There’s no need to alter or damage your surrounding teeth to have dental implants placed. Instead, the fixtures will work to support your other ivories and prevent them from shifting to fill any vacated spaces.
- No tooth decay – While your natural teeth are subject to developing cavities from plaque accumulating on them, you won’t have to worry about this with dental implants. However, it’s still important to practice excellent oral hygiene and maintain regular dental visits to prevent bacteria from gathering at the gum line.
- High success rate – The process of replacing missing teeth with dental implants has a 95% success rate. This is partly made possible by the careful attention that your dentist will take to qualify you for the procedure, which will include assessing your gum health and your current jawbone density. We’ll also provide you with the expert advice you need to maintain your dental implants after their placement.
- A natural looking smile – Because dental implants are inserted beneath the gum line just like the teeth you were born with, they are nearly impossible to distinguish from your other ivories. That means you won’t have to worry about smiling for photos, speaking before an audience or meeting new people.
To experience these and the other advantages that await you, don’t hesitate to contact us to request a visit with Dr. Hamlett. Once you receive a set of dental implants, you can launch a brand-new life!